Pork remains today as the protein that gets the least respect. We feel the exact opposite. It packs tremendous flavour, comes in a wide variety of cuts and it is still one of the cheapest meats you can find at the butcher shop.
This dish couldn’t be more simple, and uses Gordo’s Honey Heat – Garlic & Ginger as a final splash after you pull it off the BBQ. Make sure you purchase the whole loin and cut it thick – almost the size of a baseball so it becomes a showcase of awe on the plate! We served this with fresh steamed broccoli and fried rice and the kids kept coming back for more!
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh pork loin cut into 4 - 2 ½ inch steaks
- Gordo’s Honey Heat – Honey Garlic & Ginger
- Preheat BBQ to 500° F
- Bring pork to room temperature and season generously with salt & pepper.
- Drizzle oil on pork.
- Sear the pork on all sides on the direct heat (approximately 1 minute each side)
- Turn BBQ down to 350° F and place the pork on indirect heat to bake until internal temperature reaches 165° F
- Transfer to plate and drizzle Gordo’s Honey Heat – Honey Garlic & Ginger as desired.