So much fun making this dish for movie night! It is a simple recipe that you can certainly remove the peanuts if you wish...we enjoyed the extra crunch and saltiness!
- 200 grams chopped salted peanuts
- 150 grams berry sugar / caster sugar (extra fine)
- 110 grams Gordo's Honey Heat - Original Honey & Chili Pepper
- 100 grams popcorn kernels
- 70 grams unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- Heat oil in large saucepan, then add popcorn and cover
- Shake when starting to pop and continue shaking until it slows. Empty into a large bowl and set aside
- Grease and line a large dish with butter and parchment paper
- Heat butter, honey, sugar into a small saucepan over low heat for approximately 8-9 minutes stirring until the sugar dissolves
- When sugar has dissolved, bring to a boil without stirring for five minutes
- After 5 minutes pour caramel over popcorn and quickly add peanuts and salt evenly and stir until the popcorn is well coated.
- Transfer the popcorn to the greased dish to flatten out and cool completely
- Break apart popcorn as desired and enjoy!