Baking treats with Honey Heat is an absolute game changer! Sometimes we don't have the time for 8 hours of baking so recipes like this one gives your house the wonderful holiday treats they desire in only about an hour!
- 2 - one day old croissants
- 1/3 cup Gordo's Honey Heat - Original Honey & Chili Pepper
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. fine table salt
- black & white sesame seeds to sprinkle
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Cut each croissant into 3-4 slices (about 1/4 inch thick) in the same direction if you were to be slicing the croissant to make a sandwich. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Stir together honey, sugar, water, and salt in a saucepan then place on stove over medium heat until the sugar & honey bubble and slightly caramelize (candy thermometer reading of about 320 degrees). Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in orange zest.
- Brush tops of croissants with mixture, place another piece of parchment paper on top. We then place a second baking sheet on top of that second parchment paper followed by a heavy casserole dish to help flatten the croissants.
- Place everything in the oven and bake for approximately 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Uncover croissants and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Turn oven off and return uncovered croissants to oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let them cool completely and finish getting crispy.
- Serve and watch them disappear!