This was a big hit as a side dish....a far tastier version of the old honey glazed carrots!!!
- 1 pound of peeled, julienned carrots
- 1/3 cup of Gordo's Honey Heat - Original
- 1 cup cashews, unsalted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Basil leaves - whole or chopped
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Toast cashews for approximately 10 minutes shaking pan occasionally. Let cool and set aside.
- Mix together the honey, garlic, lemon juice, 1/2 cup of the cashews, salt and pepper in a food processor. Add the oil slowly while it is mixing to create a creamy vinaigrette. Adjust seasoning as you see fit.
- Place julienned carrots into a mixing bowl and add the vinaigrette and toss.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
- Plate salad and top with remaining cashews and basil leaves. Enjoy!!