Try this yummy Halloween snack to serve to your guests for cocktail hour this weekend....they will all be asking for the recipe the next day!
- 4 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup Gordo's Honey Heat - Original Honey & Chili Pepper or Jamaican Jerk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (do not use this salt if the only pumpkin seeds you find are salted)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and place rack on highest level.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking oil.
- Combine honey, butter, brown sugar, and salt in a bowl and mix with wooden spoon.
- Stir in pumpkin seeds to coat.
- Spread pumpkin seeds evenly across baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take seeds out of oven and stir, re-spread them evenly and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Take seeds out of oven and sprinkle with white sugar on top and place seeds back in oven for a final 20 minutes or until they turn a golden brown.
- Cool and enjoy!!!