Gordo’s Honey Heat – Honey & Jamaican Jerk is made with all the natural ingredients we see in traditional Jerk seasoning including allspice, cloves, garlic, cinnamon and cumin. The sweet honey certainly brings out another layer and helps offset the heat of the chili peppers. Rice and mango as a side dish and a sweeter-style white wine or a cold Red Stripe beer would finish this dish perfectly!
- 1 medium white onion, chopped into half inch size
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 chicken legs (or breasts), skin on
- Gordo’s Honey Heat – Honey & Jamaican Jerk
- Combine white onion, green onion, salt in a food processor for a minute to create close to a paste.
- Slowly add the oil and soy sauce while blending.
- Add the mix to the chicken and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight in a food-grade container.
- Preheat BBQ to 350° F
- Remove chicken and bring it to room temperature. Season with sale & pepper.
- Grill on BBQ over medium heat until internal temperature reaches 165° F
- Transfer to plate and drizzle Gordo’s Honey Heat – Jamaican Jerk as desired.