It is amazing how quickly this sweet and spicy chicken disappears from the table! Make sure you add on a few more thighs to the BBQ than what you think you will need...going back for second helpings is guaranteed! Low and slow cooking is the key to this tasty meal!
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted melted butter
- 3 Tablespoons peach jam
- 2 Tablespoons Gordo's Honey Heat - Original Honey & Chili Pepper
- Preheat BBQ to 275°.
- Combine oil, paprika, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder to create a grainy rub. Rub mixture evenly over chicken thighs and under the skin.
- Place chicken on BBQ skin side up for approximately 45 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, create the glaze by mixing together peach jam, melted butter and Gordo's Honey Heat.
- Turn chicken and cook skin side down for 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken back up and with basting brush or spoon, spread the honey / peach glaze on top of chicken. Cook for another 15 minutes or the internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Transfer to serving plate and gently glaze one last time prior to serving.